Wednesday, 7 December 2011

B5455, Summer Holiday Project




1.5m x 140cm Cotton



Finally the time has come! With 2 weeks left of term I'm starting on my first Butterick dress. Super excited! I have been looking forward to making this dress for months. To think that I only bought this pattern because the other pattern I wanted was sold out, almost missed out on a good thing!

I am making this dress using the fabric my dad got from Vietnam for me (pictured above with pattern) cotton with lycra...? Not entirely sure of the composition as it didn't come with tags, but it's definitely cotton, with some stretch. I love the print! You might have noticed by now that I really like floral prints, hehe.

Tonight I spent almost 2 hours tracing the pattern on to interface.

    • Size 8 bodice, graded to size 12 waist,
    • Size 12 midriff,
    • Size 8 skirt graded to size 12 waist.

My sewing life would be so much easier if my waist was 6cm smaller. If only.

This dress has elements that I have already worked with before: pockets, darts, so I know it won't be too difficult! Something I haven't made before is a fully lined dress, and I have decided to fully line this dress. Yay!

When I bought this pattern, I wanted to make it with an ivory bodice and emerald skirt. I have the fabric for it already, so I will make one at class using to cotton, and one at home with my delusted satin. Also going to use this bodice for the dress I'm making for my sister.

Tasks this week:
• cut dress fabric
• buy 1.4m sun silky lining (black)
• buy 30cm - 35cm (12" - 14") invisible zipper (black)


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

©Copyright 2011 - 2013. Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Sew Me Love, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena