My LBD took 5 hours to cut and sew. Using my existing DIY pattern, I made a few adjustments in the shoulders because the last dress I made with that pattern (Black & Wine) was a little bit loose on the shoulders. I also added in seam pockets, and made the pleats more defined.
|Modified V8469 bodice.|
I used the clean machine finish technique to sew the lining.
I stitched the front bodice and front midriff pieces together, the 2 back bodice pieces and 2 back midriff pieces together the joined the front and back at the shoulders (dress fabric, and lining).
I then stitched the dress fabric and the lining together at the neckline and arm holes. I did not sew the side seam (need to leave the seam allowance) and of course left the bottom (where the midriff meets the skirt) open so I can reverse the bodice out. Bagging.
Then the skirt was stitched on, zipper (exposed zipper again!), and hemming. I finished this dress at 4:30AM.
This dress was a delight to make. I really love it and cannot wait to wear it.