Tuesday, 31 January 2012

B5455, Bagging & Fitting.


B5455 bodice front.
Size 8 graded to 12 waist.
The bodice is complete! Today at sewing class I trimmed off the SA, clipped my seams, and turned my bodice out! Spent about half-an-hour pressing the edges so that there are no ditches in the seams, and so the lining will not show on the outside of the garment.


Edges all pressed out.
I knew that this dress would be big on me, so it was expected that I would have to take it in. We did a fitting today and took in the side seams by 2.5cm on each side! Under the arm was fine so the SA stayed as 1.5cm, but it tapered out to 2.5cm at the midriff. Size 12 waist... PFFT!

1.5cm SA at the armhole tapered down to a  2.5cm SA.

Now we have to do the same to the skirt, which is a 12 at the waist, graded to an 8 at the hips. What a bother. I'll probably end up taking more in at the back seams.

Here is the inside of the bodice. You can't see it in the photo, but the left back bodice piece is shorter... hate when these weird things happen! 

Sunsilky lining.
Tomorrow I have another sewing class, which is my actual class, the last two Tuesday classes we extra classes during the holiday break. Tomorrow I will start on the pockets and skirt.

In other news, I am getting rid of my iron. I've had it for for 2 or 3 years, but I never used it. I bought it just for emergencies. I used it about 3 times before I started sewing. So today I was telling my sewing teacher how good the iron at class was and how my iron at home leaks water when I'm ironing. At the risk of sounding like a fool, I didn't know that this was dangerous and could electrocute me. It tripped the circuit one time, but I thought that it was because I left the iron on too long. Lucky I wasn't hurt! So in the bin it goes. I'll be buying a new one this weekend.


Goodbye dangerous iron.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011-2014 Sew Me Love, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena