I started cutting this dress last night and planned to finish sewing it today... but I effed it. I also pricked my finger on a pin :(
Everything went well, the interfacing, the boning, the soft pleats on the skirt...
I stopped and ate some dinner before tackling the zipper. I spent ages pinning and basting the invisible zipper making sure all the seams matched only to have the frickin' zipper break on me when I was trying to zip it up. Mighty pissed off!!
In my moments of anger and frustration, I violently ripped the zipper out... and tore some holes in my dress. I think the only way I can salvage the dress is with an exposed zipper... but I'm tired of exposed zippers, so for now it will hang on my wire mannequin as a UFO. My first ever UFO.
Sigh. Apart from this dilemma, the rest of my Sewing-Sunday was good. I finally found the fabric I have been coveting for months.
A girl who goes to my sewing class (different day) made a vintage dress using this cotton sateen and I have been searching for this fabric for months... today I found it, finally! I don't know what I will make with it, but I have 1.5m, enough for a dress. Going into my stash, more floral. I am still yet to sew up this floral fabric that I got couple months ago, I love floral :)
I also bought two patterns. I finally own the New Look 6723, have seen so many versions of this dress, and I love the Vintage Burda, but it's a size 10-18, I hope it will fit. I want to make that with jersey.
I tried to find other patterns to buy but I can't seem to break away from dresses.
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend, and thank goodness Instagram is back up!
PS!!! I saw this dress in the pattern book, check out the fabric!!
Well how about that!