Tonight has to be the coldest night ever! It's going to be zero degrees tonight. I am blogging this as I sit on the floor, wrapped in a blanket, sipping tea, in front of the heater, watching The Simpsons. Brrr. What I would give to own a snuggie.
At sewing class tonight, last one for the term, I inserted boning into the lining of my bodice.
I did most of the hard work at home on Sunday. I was very reluctant to sew last weekend, I was in a food coma for most of Saturday and Sunday. Just look at some of the delicious food I ate!!!
From left to right: assortment of brioches from Parisian Patisserie Boulangerie, 'Fritters Lane' and 'Magic' breakfast from The Reading Room cafe, the signature almond croissant from Parisian Patisserie Boulangerie, Birthday cake at my cousin's 21st. My baby sister got her wisdom teeth out yesterday so on Saturday I made it my mission to stuff her face (and mine) with the most delicious food I could find in Melbourne.
I promised myself that I would cut up my lining and sew up parts of the bodice over the weekend, but it was just too cold to do anything! On Sunday, the gardener came over to do some work in the garden and because I had to stay home while he was there, I got off my ass and did some cutting. Later that evening, I sewed up the bodice lining (2 of them) and the dress fabric. Before I knew it, I was almost finished!
Tonight at class, we did a fitting. It fit! Perfectly! We took the SA at the waist out to 1cm (instead of 1.5cm) but the rest was fine. I just know this dress will turn out perfect, I am so excited!!!!
The boning was easier than I imagined, actually, the whole dress was easier than I imagined.
I think I was just intimidated by the many, many bodice pieces.
|Poly-Boning in my sunsilky bodice lining.|
|Took the boning out of the casing while I sewed it to the bodice.|
|Inserted the boning back into the casing. Easy!|
Strange thing. Pattern called for 70cm of boning... but we can't figure out where the rest of the boning is suppose to go. Also, the second bodice lining was made redundant. I might use that for V2 of this dress (yep, I take this extra bodice and extra boning as a sign that I should make V2).
I am very curious about the extra boning... I guess pattern companies can make mistakes. Meh.
The bodice looks awesome, I am extremely happy with how it turned out. The iron-on interfacing made a lot of difference. The linen was easier to handle and matching of the notches was more precise. Love it. I want to interface everything!
I am so glad I did some sewing over the weekend because my dress is almost finished. Over the break I will sew the gathering stitches on the skirt and lining.
To be continued...
Stay warm peeps.