I want to share with you my second Anna dress. I can't get enough of this pattern. I wish I could live in this dress, it is so comfortable to wear.
I wore it on Saturday for mum's birthday. My sister Judy and I took mum to see King Kong Live on Stage. After the show, we met up with the boys (my BF and Judy's BF) and took mum out for a feast at a yummy Thai restaurant.
Didn't have any fitting or mechanical issues and seams were finished on the overlocker so Anna took about 8 hours to make.
Because all the fitting issues were identified and fixed on my
five muslins (blogged in detail on my 'Anna' pattern review post) making this up was a pleasant experience.
The only adjustments I did to this version was moving the back darts across so they line up with the skirt seams, lowered the points on the bust pleats, and a 'narrow shoulder adjustment' using Ginger Makes tutorial.
The fabric is rayon I got from Spotlight (2.5m) I thought I would have enough for Anna but I didn't so the facings are cotton lawn.
It was 40C degrees on Saturday, but the rayon was cool to wear, so breathable,
gotta love natural fibres! EDIT: I've since been told that rayon is not a natural fibre... I recall a lady at a fabric store telling me rayon was breathable and that it was a natural fibre *shrugs* off to Google!
The above-the-knee split on the skirt is very sexy and subtle, not very noticeable unless there is a breeze. I'm comfortable enough with the split to go thigh high for my next Anna.
Mum loved the split too, she asked if I could give her a copy of the pattern cos she loved the split in the skirt so much! When I'm done with my sewing marathon this month, I'm going to take her measurements and give her some Anna to whip up too! If you've read my profile, you'll know that mum was the reason I took up sewing (read more about mumma here).
Here's a couple of pics of Anna my sister Judy took for me after our afternoon at King Kong - dress is a little wrinkly!!
Project details -
The spotty fabric is so cool but they make me dizzy when I look in the mirror lol. Overall I love how the dress came together except that in some areas (like the neck line, where the bodice and skirt joins, centre back) the spots are not full spots, but I guess with spots that size you can't help cutting into the spots at the seams.
So this is one out of the four dresses I need to complete in February.
Currently on my sewing table is the Valentines Day Georgia, almost complete, just need to figure out how to join the 'centre back bodice' with the 'centre back skirt' - that Y looking piece on the centre of the skirt piece has got me stuck. HELP!
Hope you all had a good weekend, and if all goes well I'll be back next week with a pattern review for By Hand London 'Georgia'.